BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today we officially adopted Gigi. Our busy day began with breakfast in the hotel. Next, we took a bus back to the Civil Affairs Office for our final paperwork in Hunan Province. There were a lot of other families waiting in the waiting room. We waited there a couple of hours. Rob paid the orphanage and then we signed the official documents, signed with our fingerprints and Gigi's footprint. After that, we went to WalMart to buy a few items. It was located in a mall and was 2 stories. There were some very interesting sights and smells in that Wal-Mart. The rows and rows of mystery meats were flanked by pig-heads and full, skinned chickens.

We came back to the hotel for a nap. Gigi finally started to take her bottles. It appears to me by her behavior and by the schedule given to me by the orphanage that she has never been exposed to any solid food. She spits out even a simple cheerio. At least she is drinking. Did I mention that she laughed at us today? I was tickling her foot and her actually belly-laughed. She also smiled at Rob from across the room

The early evening has been a bit more stressful. She is crying a bit more, and I tried to give her a bath. Big mistake. She really did not like that. I hope in the future she learns to enjoy a bath! Well, we are exhausted. Hopefully, we will get some sleep tonight!














4 comments:

Jodi Rathjen said...

Faith and I are loving the pictures of Gigi! Faith says she wants to give her big hugs and kisses! and when she saw the picture of her laughing Faith just giggled! So glad to hear everything is going so well! Still praying for you all!

Mama Leigh Ann said...

She is so beautiful!!!! I mean it...she has stolen my heart! Hurry up and bring that girl home so we can all love on her!!
Also...so glad to see Rob feeling better. You both look like you are glowing with happiness. Thank you for letting us get a glimpse of this journey....please keep posting those pictures! Love, Leigh Ann

Eve Mathews said...

Oh My!! I love the belly laugh pictures!! I'm so glad that she's taking her bottles too! What a blessing she is!!! Are you getting enough rest? You all look healthy and radiant!!

I love you!!

Eve

Karin said...

What great photos! She is so precious--love the belly laughs! :) Some of our girls hated baths, too. I think it might be because of the way they are bathed at the orphanage (cold water, dump it on their heads, soap, dump more cold water on their heads).