BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010






A friend of mine, who has a daughter from Chenzhou, wrote me that Gigi's scars are probably from a TB shot. Her daughter also has a similar scar. I was glad to hear that.

Today started out a little rough. Gigi was very fussy for most of the day. She cried a lot and seemed discontent. We took her for a few walks, and that really helped. Maybe she bored with the room.

The streets of Changsha or very interesting. There is so much traffic of multiple types, all driving in what appears to be a chaotic, functional mess. I am a little more accustomed to it after 4 days. Tonight our guide took us to a traditional Chinese restaurant. Hunan is known for their spices. In fact many people with daughters from Hunan call them "spicy girls." I'll admit that the food was pretty spicy. But it was delicious! The vegetables are amazing. They even stir fry lettuce and make it taste delicious. Rob didn't really care for it.

A lot of the other families had a tough day today, as well. It was helpful to share thoughts and ideas with one another. It made me see that this is all normal. All babies have tough days and these girls, especially, are going through a life-changing transition.

Tonight I saw Gigi push up on all fours. I don't think she could do this even a few hours ago. She is laughing and playing with me quite a bit. I guess every day we may see this kind of progress. A lot of the other families had a tough day too. But my tough day has ended with peace in knowing that we will get through the rest of the two weeks and bring our daughter home.

0 comments: