BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

No more waiting for Gigi!

Today we drove to the cival affairs office to meet the babies. We arrived before the girls and as they brought them in, I could not tell which one was Gigi. I had to guess based on process of elimination because I had viewed my friends blogs so often, I had memorized each baby's face. When I figured out which one had to be her, I was afraid to hope for this. She is so beautiful and gentle. We were the last ones to get our baby. Gigi was VERY quiet and she just stared at both of us with curiosity. I started to get a little worried when she didn't cry, as this can be an indication of attachment issues. Then the lip. Then a little whimper. She was trying to contain herself. But she couldn't and soon she was screaming louder than any of the other babies! On the way back to the hotel, she fell asleep in Rob's arms. She has wanted to be held almost continuously since then. She won't eat or drink anything, which is distressing to me, but our guide
says this sometimes happens. She is very gentle and seems sensitive. She is very small, although a healthy weight. She also seems more like a 6 month old than 1 year. I suppose she was probably very quiet in the orphanage and may not have received as much attention as a louder baby. The squeaky wheel gets the oil even in families. That's okay. We'll let her take her time.

9 comments:

Rita said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and will be praying for this time with her, Rob and you.

Khara Brooks said...

What?! No pictures?! :) I'm SO happy for you all. I'm sure she'll come around in no time. She sounds so precious.

sara said...

Praise Jesus!! What a special time!! I am praying for you for these next few days and you all get acquainted with each other!!!

Eve Mathews said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Big Hugs and Kisses!!! Thank You God!!!!!! : )

Christine said...

My heart leaps with joy for you!! I knew she'd be extra special and a perfect fit for your family! Praying for you still...

Mama Leigh Ann said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so happy for you! Finally, all the waiting has come to an end and Gigi has her forever family. Crying tears of joy with you....
Leigh Ann

Adopting Matilda said...

Wow! How wonderful for you! What a special gift indeed!
We are starting out with adoption in the UK - a little nervous but very excited!

The Bug said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about your trials, tribulations, joy & love as you raise Gigi.

Shannon said...

So sorry! we fell asleep before we could send Zach the pictures!