This morning I was sleeping in my warm bed, when I had a thought that woke me up abruptly. It was one of those "oh, no!" moments when you jump up suddenly. I raced into Zachary's room, half awake and shook his leg to wake him. "Zach! Zach!" He made an attempt to answer me. "Zach! Did you give yourself your shot last night?!" He thought for a moment and answered me. "Didn't YOU give me the shot last night?" Silence. ............ "oh, yeah. Go back to sleep."
Every night before I can sleep soundly, I need to know that Zach has had his long-acting insulin shot. If this isn't done properly, we could possibly be facing a trip to the hospital by morning. Recently, he has begun to give it to himself, as he begins to take almost complete ownership for his care. Still, I never sleep until I actually see him administer it accordingly. Many nights, I turn off the light only for that thought to pop up in panic. Did Zach get his shot? I am really amazed that we have not forgotten it yet. Praise God!
As I prepare for our China trip, I am a little nervous about leaving Zachary. While I have done my best to think through all of his needs, it is still hard for me to leave him. Since his diagnoses, we have only been separated a handful of days. But Gigi needs us and so I must go. I know that he takes excellent care of himself and he has the capable care of my very good friends. But most of all, he is in the hands of his heavenly father.

3 comments:
Awe...what a sweet picture. I'm so thrilled you've joined the project just as you are going to get your little girl. What fun to see it all unfold. My sister did a domestic adoption last May and it is such a beautiful thing!
I'm a newbie from Sara's Project...just stopping by. I checked out all your pics, but this one sort of caught my attention. I mean, wow. What a grown-up boy you've got!
I like your title...and how do we inject faith?
Faith comes by the Word. That was yesterday's Sunday sermon--A hidden resource. Ps 119:9-11
Post a Comment