Well, we had a bit of a stressful day. We packed up our bags and headed for the airport in order to catch our plane to Ghounzhou. Just the process of boarding the plane was very stressful. We had all this luggage, fussy, crying babies, crowds, security, and immigration to contend with. We just made the plane. I was exhausted and looked forward to getting in my seat when I realized Rob and I were separated and I had to sit in the middle seat with Gigi strapped to me. The men on the end isles were not too happy about it. It is hard to explain the exhaustion one feels when you are constantly wrapping up the baby, strapping her to you, taking her off again,....etc. All the while, people are staring at you and expecting that you keep the baby happy and dressed to their standards. You feel as if eyes are always on you. Anyway, we made to Ghounzhou and are tired to the bone. The White Swan Hotel is just as amazing as I have heard.
Gigi is starting to smile at us more and babble a little bit. I had been a little concerned because she seemed to be the only baby that was not strongly attached to either mom or dad. She likes us okay, but when other people want to hold her, she never fusses. Well, today when we reached the hotel, the maid came in and was very insistent that she hold Gigi. I didn't want to give her to her, but it would have been rude. She just reached out and took her. She spoke to her in Chinese (not sure the dialect) and Gigi looked at her. Then she looked over at Rob and me. She looked back towards the maid and started to cry so I took her back right away. I am very hopeful that she is starting to prefer us to others and knows that she belongs to us.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Friday, January 22nd
Posted by Shannon at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh that is sweet. I am praying for strength and good rest at night!
Welcome to the White Swan! You are halfway home now. I am sure y'all are gonna check out the Starbucks, Lucy's, and The Cow and Bridge. Have fun! I just had so much fun at the breakfast buffet watching all of the babies with their new families. I loved how it seemed they "fit" their families...expressions, looks, everything! Have fun! Lots of love and prayers are coming your way!!
Leigh Ann
I remember how ard it was to get around with a baby strapped to you when you have not done that in a long time! Don't worry about what everyone else thinks you should do with this baby, you will never see them again! :) You should have more time to rest on this leg of the trip. Enjoy Shaiman Island! the shopping is fun you have to get some squeeky shoes! Starbucks is only a short walk away and Lucy's was a great place to eat! It sounds like Gigi already knows she belongs with you and Rob! None of the babies in our group were particularly attached to one parent or the other, they have all bonded wonderfully. Relax and enjoy your precious daughter!
We are praying for you!! Hope you get back into the USA safely and have a wonderful rest of your trip!
May God bless you and Gigi!
-The Daniels Family
So glad to hear that she is becoming attached! Praise God--that is an answer to prayer!
I can relate to the airplane ordeal!!! You'll soon laugh about it!! What a grand adventure! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!! xxoo
Post a Comment